Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs you can do. Throw in some anxiety, and it’s a whole lot more overwhelming for you, dear Mama. That’s why I have compiled this list. It is filled with the most encouraging and uplifting mom anxiety quotes to comfort you and motivate you to keep going, when you’re struggling.
Please know, you are not alone, kids tend to have a way of exacerbating existing anxieties and creating a whole new set of worries.
Trust me, I know what that’s like!
If you read just one of these mom anxiety quotes today, read this one and be encouraged.
1. Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You’re strong. You got this. Take it day by day. – Karen Salmansohn
Mom Anxiety Quotes to Reassure You that You’re Not Alone
There is nothing worse than feeling like it’s just you, and everyone else has got it all together. Well, they don’t. Believe me. Here are some reassuring anxious mom quotes to remind you that you are never alone!
2. Behind every great kid is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up. – Unknown
3. Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you’re wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3 a.m. – Anonymous
4. I know you are overwhelmed. I know it is so hard and feels like you can’t even live your life. Having anxiety as a mom is horrible, but it is not all that bad either. It helps you protect your children. It helps you plan and prepare. Don’t feel entirely guilty for having anxiety. It is not all that bad. – Kate Tekurio
5. People with anxiety don’t have a train of thought. We have 7 trains on 4 tracks that narrowly avoid each other when paths cross, and all the conductors are screaming. – golden-oath.com
6. Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed. – Linda Wooten
7. Dear mothers, you’ll learn to lower your expectations about what you can accomplish in a day. Some days it will be all you can do to keep baby safe, warm, fed, and loved. And that is more than enough. – Unknown
8. Motherhood has a way of evoking strength and resilience we never knew we had. – Our mama village
Mom Worry Quotes : Beat that Worry!
Do you spend a lot of time worrying about your little ones? Me too! It’s so hard to stop, and completely natural to worry about them. If, like me, that worry sometimes threatens to take over your life, just a tad too much, then check out these worried mom quotes to help beat the worry!
9. Rest easy, real mothers. The very fact that you worry about being a good mom means that you already are one. – Jodi Picoult
10. Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow. – Swedish proverb
11. Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. – Benjamin Franklin
12. Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action. – Walter Anderson
13. Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength — carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength. – Corrie Ten Boom
14. Most of the things you worry about, never happen. – Ruth Rendell
15. Bad Moments don’t make bad moms. – Lisa Terkeurst
16. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. – William James
17. When you stop to enjoy the little things, that anxiety fades…even if just for a moment. – Katy Huie Harrison, undefiningmotherhood.com
18. Just being there in the moment in your head and accepting anxiety as uncomfortable takes away some of it’s power. – Stephanie Iraggi, www.mamashark.blog
19. You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
20. Being a mom can be exhausting and overwhelming. Letting lose and being a bit more playful feels good for you and feels great for your kids too. – Carly, mommyonpurpose.com
21. We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be? – Meghan Markle
Mom Self-Care Quotes
Although it may seem selfish and the last thing you want to be adding to your ever-growing to-do list, but self-care is absolutely essential to moms, especially anxious moms!
Take some time for self-care and you will see an improvement in your anxiety levels over time.
Still not sure? Then check out these quotes for some encouragement and self-care ideas for the anxious mom.
22. To be a good parent, you need to take care of yourself so that you can have the physical and emotional energy to take care of your family. – Michell Obama
23. Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel. — Eleanor Brown
24. I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.— Audre Lorde
25. It’s okay to take time for yourself. We give so much of ourselves to others, and we need to be fueled both physically and mentally. If we are in balance, it helps us in all our interactions. – Faith Hill
26. Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break. – Akiroq Brost
27. Self-care is not a waste of time; self-care makes your use of time more sustainable. – Jackie Viramontez
28. Self-care is giving the world the best of you instead of what’s left of you. – Katie Reed
29. You are worth the quiet moment. You are worth the deeper breaths and you are worth the time it takes to slow down, be still, and rest. – Morgan Harper Nichols
30. Slow breathing is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: the anchor won’t make the storm go away, but it will hold you steady until it passes. – Russ Harris
31. Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others. – Brene Brown
32. Smile, breathe, and go slowly. – Thich Nhat Hanh
33. Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest taken between two deep breaths. – Etty Hillesum
Encouraging Mom Quotes to Beat that Mom Anxiety
Anxious Mama, are you in need of some encouragement in your mom life? Here are my favourite encouraging mom quotes to help us keep going when life becomes too overwhelming.
34. You have plenty of people in your life who love you deeply and for good reason. Do not lose sight of this fact. Your anxiety does not make you unlovable. Not even close. – Molly Burford
35. The tough times, the days when you’re just a ball on the floor — they’ll pass. You’re playing the long game, and life is totally worth it. – Sarah Silverman
36. Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming. – Robert Tew
37. Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. – Stephen Covey
38. Some days, doing ‘the best we can’ may still fall short of what we would like to be able to do, but life isn’t perfect — on any front — and doing what we can with what we have is the most we should expect of ourselves or anyone else. – Fred Rogers
39. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come. – Zig Ziglar
40. Anxiety is something that is part of me but it’s not who I am. – Emma Stone
41. There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so just be a real one. – Sue Atkins
42. Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly. – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
43. Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles. – Sharon Jaynes
44. Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. – Ann Lamont
45. Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength. – Theodore Roosevelt
46. There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. – Jill Churchill
47. Be patient with yourself. The journey between practice and perfect is mistakes. – Toloupe Dyewole
48. Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway. – ourpositive.com
49. You can be a mess and be a good mom. We are allowed to be both. – Katie Bingham Smith
50. It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave. – Mandy Hale
Motivational Mom Quotes for Anxious Moms
And finally, let’s end our mom anxiety quotes with some motivational quotes for moms, as we strive for a happier, peaceful and less anxious future mom-ing!
51. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C.S. Lewis
52. Maybe you have been given your mountain to show other people that it can be moved. – Rachel Hollis
53. Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, she became a butterfly. – Chuang Tzu
54. Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be. – Sonia Ricotta
55. Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression… It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment. – Grenville Kleiser
56. If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
57. A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you. – Joyce Meyer
58. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela
59. A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but whose place no one can take. – Unknown
Dear Mama, I hope you feel encouraged
I hope these mom anxiety quotes have given you some much needed encouragement today. Why not save this post in case you need a little encouragement another day. And, when you’re feeling anxious, I hope you’ll remember my favourite quote of all,
60. There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind, of your child you are super mom. –Stephanie Precourt
You May Also Like: